Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Harvest DIY

Well, if you were wondering if I'd fallen off the face of the Earth, the answer is no. Once the USB cord for my new camera arrives from Amazon (seriously, you spend hundreds on a camera package and they can't include a USB cord?), I have a little catch-up post waiting for y'all. 

But I will tell you this: last Thursday I got my tonsils and adenoids out, and I think they also took out my uvula (the hangy-downy thing at the back of your mouth) even though they were only supposed to shave and shape the thing. I basically had it all done because the sleep apnea and the ENT doctor both thought there was a pretty good chance that removal would cure my sleep apnea. The day of the surgery and the next day weren't so bad; though I couldn't sleep, it really only hurt when I swallowed. I thought, awesome, I've got LG going to daycare and I can get some stuff done around the house. But then the real pain started on Saturday and I've had to take it easy.

Today I am feeling a little bit better, and it is sixty and sunny outside. So I spent a few minutes in the backyard and harvested the last of my parsley, sage, and rosemary. Then I spent a few minutes in my basement craft zone and made a few tags. And then I tied the tags to some ribbon and bundled up the herbs, and ended up with these little goodies for my mom, aunts, neighbors, and friend:





In the past, I've been known to spend a lot of time driving around and hitting up craft stores, finding templates online, stamping, etc, to make a little project like this "just so" [aka "perfect"], and am even guilty of doing it throughout the past month, gathering items for the advent calendar that I was going to make for LG during this time off (didn't happen). But I'm glad today that I just did it, and did it simply. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. Think of me as you're eating all of your solid food. I'm thinking I may be able to manage mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and I will suffer for some of my parents' sausage stuffing. If you're local, I still have a little bit of these herbs in the backyard if you'd like some.



1 comment:

  1. So cute! I wish I lived close to you so I could enjoy the herb harvest too!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...