Friday, June 6, 2014

Well, I guess I should start where I left off: 
Wednesday, November 20, 2013, 37 weeks 3 days pregnant with baby #2. 

I had little energy or motivation that day, so I hung out with AD while he finished cleaning up the kitchenette area in our basement where he'd just processed a deer (he jokingly told me I could have the baby as soon as this was cleaned up). I shared with him my anxieties about when and how the baby would be coming, and we both decided that we should just let the baby come when she was ready.

I put LG to bed that night. During the week or so prior, we'd been telling him that it was almost time for him to be the big brother--that little sissy was going to need a lot of attention when she came out, and while he didn't have to go to sleep, he needed to stay in his room and be quiet at bedtime--and it was actually kind of working. That night, however, I laid down with him. He put his arm around my neck and asked me to hold him, and I thought about how this could be one of the last nights where I could stay with him until he fell asleep.


And on to:
Thursday, November 21, 2013, 37 weeks 4 days pregnant with baby #2.

I woke up around 2:30 that morning. I braced myself and tightened core my muscles to roll from one side to the other and up to sitting, which I'd become accustomed to doing over the past few months as my hips loosened up. I went to the bathroom and something told me I had better have something to eat, so I had a bowl of cereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...