The company my dad works for sponsors NASCAR, and my dad is able to get free tickets for clients and personal use. So a couple Sundays ago (8/19/12), my dad and mom took me [and my brother and his girlfriend] to my first NASCAR race.
I do not have a favorite driver, so here's some of the drivers I was hoping would win:
1. Mark Martin (because he's old school)
2. Carl Edwards (my mom's favorite driver)
3. Dale Earnhardt Jr (it would be cool for him to win another race this year in Michigan)
4. Joey Logano (he is the favorite driver of one of my favorite blogger's sons)
5. Brad Keselowski (some people say he's kind of cocky, but he's from Rochester Hills, so it would have been
cool for him to win)
Greg Biffle won. I'm cool with that.
I like NASCAR. Though there's quite a focus on branding/marketing/consumerism, I think it's a pretty fun, wholesome sport. You don't really hear about drivers getting in trouble for violence- or sex- related offenses, as you do in other sports like football and basketball.
I like the fans. Some are a little, er, crude, but they're sincere. You don't really see people in [slutty, skin-tight] designer clothes and four inch heels, like you
|And if at first glance you thought I was baring my midriff in public, you'd be wrong. That's a military-inspired bag with toggle closure.|